10/23/2011

Arkon GPS032 Handlebar Mount for 3.5 - 4.3-Inch GPS Devices

Arkon GPS032 Handlebar Mount for 3.5 - 4.3-Inch GPS Devices


ARKON - click on the image below for more information.


  • Easy to Install
  • Water proof case fits GPS or Touch screen smartphone
  • Fits Bicycle and Motorcycle size handlebars up to 33mm in diameter
  • Compatible with most straight, drop, trekking, and touring size handlebars
  • Water resistant case fits GPS or Touch screen smartphone
  • Opening at the bottom of the case allows for access to power and audio connections

ARKON


The must have accessory for your Garmin, TomTom, Magellan, or other portable GPS. GPS032 is entirely new and features Arkons newly designed GN032-SBH bicycle and motorcycle handlebar mount and the GPS-WPCS water resistant case for GPS. The transparent touch through lens allows you to view and control the touch screen of your GPS. A water resistant zipper on the case is easy to use and keeps the water out. A cut out on the bottom of the case provides access for charging cable. Three pieces of foa





Arkon GPS032 Handlebar Mount for 3.5 - 4.3-Inch GPS Devices





Click on the button for more ARKON information and reviews.


100_2505.JPG
ARKON

Image by pineapple palace








Garmin Nuvi Windshield Mount - ARKON GN014


ARKON's Travelmount Mini Windshield Suction Pedestal is a high quality, extremely reliable aftermarket windshield mount for your Garmin GPS. Works with All Garmin Nuvi GPS and even some Garmin StreetPilot GPS.
Video Rating: 4 / 5



which gps mount is better?
Best answer:
well a trick that i and other ppl that do a bit of offroading use is to put a couple drops of super glue or other glue onto the suction cup b4 sticking it to the windshield....


** u can still remove the mount later and use a razor blade to scrape glue residue off windshield....the Tom TOm mount is awful, the TOm TOm GPS though is good as the maps are updated by users.
Garmin is very good and you should buy Garmin if you want the best sat nav, though buy a newer model, their 6 month and older models are lacking.

I have been testing models for a forum, so I have pretty good knowledge of these.

The navigon mount is actually vey good and easy to mount and dismount your sat-nav, however that's where navigon stops and being good.
I have two units, one died after a year, but as it was a low end model I thought I'd try their newer models, so I bought the 8450 LIVE, direct from their site.
Then the nightmare really began.
The promised delivery in a couple of days, so I paid almost $ 40 for express, I waited about a month, when I complained they changed the page from "available" to "available in 2-3 weeks"

The Navigon 8450 LIVE arrived and I was happy... for a few hours, that was until I fully charged it and it ran out of battery after about ten minutes of use...

So I plugged it in and tried the media player, it wouldn't play WMV as advertised and I had to fork out €20 for extra codes, so the advertised "media player" in my opinion turned out to be a ruse to get more money out of their customers...

With the new media player codes installed I was again happy... for a minute and six seconds... video and audio files alike, the screen goes black and stays black every one minute and six seconds until you press the power button...

Finally the car charger tip melted and broke in three places on first use.

I complained a lot to Navigon and got nowhere, the only way to get an answer was to post on their facebook page.

I asked for a replacement as it was supposed to be a new unit, they refused and said I can return it for a refund...

Bottom line over a month after I forked out a lot of money I have a doorstop that I now have to pay a further €50 to send securely back to Germany for a refund I will probably wait another month for and all because Navigon don't appear to care if it's awful or useless as long as it's "customer service" Which in my opinion was awful...

So there's your answer regarding Navigon mounts... Buy one at your peril.


Orignal From: Arkon GPS032 Handlebar Mount for 3.5 - 4.3-Inch GPS Devices

No comments:

Post a Comment